S.T.A.R.T Summer bridge Program
The Philander Smith College S.T.A.R.T. Summer Bridge Program is a six-week academic enrichment and leadership development program. S.T.A.R.T. provides a seamless transitional opportunity for first-time freshmen to get an early and strong start on their college career by residing on campus, and completing college credits during six weeks in the summer.
This intense and exciting summer experience offers students the opportunity to prepare for the academic, personal, and social challenges that they may encounter while in college. In addition to tutoring, study skills training, and academic and leadership development workshops, the program provides extensive academic and personal counseling to equip and support participants.
During the summer program, participants will benefit from the following early intervention services:
- Early assessment
- Mentoring and academic advisement
- Career and leadership development workshops
- Social, spiritual and cultural experiences
Students considered for participation in the Philander Smith College START Summer Bridge Program must meet the following requirements:
- Be a member of an under-represented minority group
- Be admitted to Philander Smith College
- Be available to attend the Program for the entire
- Six-week summer session
- Plan to continue enrollment and graduate from Philander Smith
For more information:
Contact the Office of Admissions