We are excited to welcome you into the Philander Smith College family. By applying for enrollment, you are embarking on a pivotal path to discovering your passion and purpose, all while creating lasting memories with supportive students, faculty, and staff--many of which will become like family to you. Attending Philander Smith College is more than an educational experience, it is a journey that will prepare you for life and for living through leadership and service.
How to Apply
Semester Term Deadlines
Fall – June 30th
Spring – December 31st
Summer I – April 30th
Summer II – May 15th
In order to complete the Requirements for Admissions, a new freshman student must submit the following:
1. Application for Admissions – You may complete the easy online application or download and print a paper application to be submitted by mail.
2. Submit Official high school transcript or GED scores, to the Office of Admissions & Recruitment. (If applying as a transfer student, an official college transcript from ALL colleges attended must be submitted. If you transfer with less than 30 semester hours completed, you are required to submit your official high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores).
3. A non-refundable Application Fee of $25.00.
4. A copy of your ACT or SAT scores.
5. A copy of your immunization record showing the complete dates of 2 MMRs (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccinations.
To schedule a visit or request an admissions packet, please contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.
OFFICE OF ADMISSIONS AND RECRUITMENT
Toll Free: 1-800-446-6772
Enrollment Services Specialist
Enrollment Services Specialist I
Assistant Director for Recruitment
Maurice D. Osborne
The Acceptance Process
After submitting your application, below are the steps to completing your admission and registration for Philander Smith College.
PSC proudly encourages all veterans to apply for admission. For assistance in processing Veterans Administration applications, a veteran should confer with the Registrar's Office as early as possible by calling (501) 370-5220.
Help yourself prepare for your collegiate journey with recommended reads from our recommended reading list.
Download the Recommended Reading List
Prospective students from foreign countries are required to have a School Certificate or General Certificate of Education. In addition, students from Non-English speaking countries must present a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 500, or a Certificate of Completion from an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) or English as a Second Language (ESL) Program at a regionally accredited American College or University. International freshmen are required to have taken the ACT and may be required to take the Freshman Placement Test.
International Students seeking admission into the United States should submit all required documents 3 to 6 months prior to the semester for which they are seeking admission to the college.
International Students must also submit the following documents:
An application form along with a $75.00 non-refundable application fee
School Certificate or General Certificate of Education
TOEFL Score Report or IELP or ESL Certificate of Completion
Current ACT Scores
Immunization Record showing date of measles and rubella inoculations. (Students born before January 1, 1957 are exempt from this requirement)
A Statement of Embassy Sponsorship or an Affidavit of Support and a $2,000.00 cash deposit ($4,000.00 for dormitory students)