Since 1877, Philander Smith College has offered an exceptional education to students who otherwise might not have access to higher learning. Investing in our scholars allows them to focus on their degree attainment without the heavy burden of financial worries.
The following are a few ways that you can invest in us:
- Annual Fund Annual, unrestricted gifts provide educational enrichment through student scholarships, instructional classroom needs, and enhanced campus services and facilities. Gifts to the Annual Fund are solicited annually and support current operations and are critical in meeting the day-to-day needs of helping to move Philander FORWARD in myriad ways. Click the 'Investment' button above to GIVE NOW to the Annual Fund!
- The 1877 to Infinity Scholarship Fund Through this scholarship fund, Philander Smith College is able to assist incoming freshmen with closing the gaps that remain after federal student aid programs are exhausted, which puts the College in greater position to increase retention of current students who find the costs of college difficult to manage. Your support can make the difference.
- Circle of Distinction - $18,777
- Annual Gift - $1,877
- Monthly Gift - $187
- Young Alum Monthly Gift - $18.77
- Endowed Scholarship This is a permanent and perpetual scholarship fund which can be created with a gift or gifts totaling at least $25,000. The principal of the fund is invested to produce income, and scholarships are awarded using a percentage of the interest. (An endowed scholarship fund may begin with less than $25,000; however, regular contributions can be added to the fund over a three-year period to reach the minimum endowment level. The first scholarship award potentially may be made one year following the attainment of the minimum endowment level, depending upon the amount of interest available.)
- Non-Endowed Scholarship This is a scholarship fund in which the donor contributes the award amount annually. Contributions can be added to the fund by the initial donor and/or others who may wish to contribute to the fund (i.e., family, friends, employers, etc.). The scholarship may be established in the name of an individual, family, company, organization, or group. A non-endowed scholarship fund may be established with a minimum gift of $1,000.
- Both Endowed and Non-Endowed scholarships typically are named in honor of an individual, family, organization, or group, as well as in memory of a loved one. How wonderful to cherish or memorialize an alumnus, faculty/staff member, student, family member or someone with a special connection to Philander Smith College through either the Endowed or Non-Endowed Scholarship Funds!
Giving to Philander Smith College* is easy and benefits deserving students by assisting them with their financial needs so that they are able to complete their matriculation.
For more information, or for assistance with your investment, please contact Institutional Advancement at (501) 370-5378 or visit the Division inside of Kelly Hall (the historic former president's house) on campus.
*Donations are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by the law.