The Office of Public Relations is responsible for enhancing and advancing the reputation of Philander Smith College. The office is responsible for:
- General inquiries about the college and its affairs;
- Coordinating and responding to inquiries from members of the media;
- Advising, when requested, on the preparation of printed materials;
- Assisting with special events;
- Coordinating the production of internal and external bulletins and magazines;
- Questions regarding the official logo and its usage (graphic standards);
- Coordinating and designing all College advertisement and marketing matierals;
- Coordinating community relations activities.
Media Access to Campus & Credentials
If you are planning to cover a story that requires contact with any member of the Philander Smith faculty, staff, or student body you must contact the Office of Public Relations at (501) 370-5310 for proper clearance.
Reporters or media outlets wishing to conduct photo or video shoots on campus must also obtain proper clearance from the Office of Public Relations. No media outlet will be permitted to bring any camera or recording devices on campus without prior notification. No on-campus live shots will be permitted of broadcast crews who have not received prior consent.
Faculty Sources on Call
When news breaks or you’re tracking a trend, let a Philander Smith College expert add depth to your story. The Office of Public Relations can match reporters with knowledgeable faculty experts. In order to access one of our faculty or administrators please contact Jennelle Primm at (501) 370-5310 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org