Weekend & Evening College
In the fall of 2002, Philander Smith College launched the Philander Smith Weekend College. The Weekend College extends its convenient, high quality weekend and evening college courses year round in order to assist students of all ages in achieving educational goals while balancing academic commitments, family and job responsibilities.
Philander Smith understands that a large number of people wants to complete their degrees at an accredited institution while maintaining their full-time employment and family responsibilities. The Weekend College is especially attractive to adult learners who bring vast professional and personal experiences to the classroom as a foundation for learning. By enrolling in the Weekend College, adult learners may fulfill their dreams of working toward a college degree, developing their leadership and technical skills, or preparing for greater opportunities in the workforce or careers.
The Weekend College is not only a service to communities, but it also can be a service to current Philander Smith College students needing also to “finish what they started.” Current Philander Smith College students seeking to enroll in the Weekend College must contact Division Chairs who are responsible for recommending course offerings to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Philander's Weekend College starts every eight weeks, and the non-traditional program is year-round.
Philander Smith College has developed the Weekend College to meet the unique educational needs of adults who:
- • Wish to enroll in courses on the weekends and evenings in an accelerated program;
- • Can schedule their time carefully and discipline themselves to meet the rigorous demands of the Weekend College;
- • Want to pursue their educational goals in a spiritual setting where the faculty and staff are sincerely interested in the future of students; and
- • Want to develop potential leadership in their careers and communities.
Advantages of attending the Philander Smith Weekend College include:
- • Academic excellence;
- • An individualized learning experience with outstanding and committed PSC faculty and classes;
- • A weekend schedule that meets student preferences and life circumstances;
- • A campus-based learning community with real college atmosphere, convenient to Interstate I-630;
- • Free parking and state-of-the art facilities;
- • Financial aid, tuition reimbursement, and payment plans for qualified students, making Philander Smith College an affordable option;
- • A new Library and Technology Center.
Location:Titus Academic Center , Suite E