The HSRB requires that any student submitting an HSRB has completed online research ethics training. This training was previously hosted through the National Institutes of Health Protecting Human Research Participants course and is now being hosted for in-house purposes ONLY by PSC. It is strongly recommended that you submit a copy of your online research ethics training completion certificates with any funding request for an Odyssey Undergraduate Research (UR) if your project will be likely to come through the HSRB for review.
NOTE: If you previously completed CITI training through PSC, you DO NOT have to complete the below course. Instead, please indicate your prior completion on your HSRB application and the chairs will confirm your completion in our CITI database.
In short, you will follow the three steps outlined below to complete ethics training:
- Read the PDF-version of the NIH training module in full (beginning on page 2 of this document)
- When you are prepared to take the quiz, please click on the following link: PSC/NIH Ethics Training Module Quiz
○ Note that you must earn a score of 100% (21/21 questions correct) to pass this training course. However, you may take this quiz as many times as is necessary to earn that score. To retake the quiz, simply click on the above link again to start anew.
- After passing the quiz at 100%, please send an email to HSRB@philander.edu to request a copy of your completion certificate.
Again, this ethics training protocol is ONLY for PSC faculty, staff, and students. Please do not complete this training if you are not a student or employee of PSC.
● Related Document: Accessing and Completing PSC/NIH Ethics Training