UNCF: Beverly J. Gilliam Scholarship for Study Abroad
Beverly J. Gilliam Scholarship for Foreign Study offers financial
assistance to students who are accepted into recognized study abroad
programs for the Summer 2010. The goal of the Scholarship is to
help students gain international experiences that will help them to
become better world citizens and successfully compete in the global job
market. Beverly J. Gilliam (1928 -1998) was educated in the New York Public School System graduated from City University of New York and received a master’s
degree from Columbia University School of Library Science. Her career
started in Asia where she was responsible for setting up and managing
American libraries in Korea and Japan as well as libraries at U.S.
military installations in Europe. Throughout her life, Ms Gilliam’s
favorite pastime was international travel. She strongly felt that the
world would be a better place if more people experienced life in
cultures different from their own.
- Majors: Open
- Available to interested Sophomores & Juniors
- Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Student must show evidence of financial need
- Student may re-apply each academic year
How To Apply
- Go online to www.uncf.org to complete the application. You must apply online!