Division of Business and Economics
Chair: Dr. Adrian Price
Phone: 501-370-5383 or 501-370-5398
Location: Suite BA 201- Room #: BA 206
The mission of the Division of Business and Economics is consistent with the mission of Philander Smith College. The Division of Business and Economics builds upon the philosophy that students need a holistic development and that they should be challenged to reach their full potential. Therefore, the Division of Business & Economics is committed to providing programs that will prepare students to be competent and productive in their chosen careers and be positive contributors to their communities.
Goals & Objectives
- To provide students with a variety of learning experiences and involve them in the active learning process.
- To evaluate the programs continuously and make necessary improvements.
- To enhance recruitment and retention of students through effective advisement.
- To establish and maintain partnerships with businesses in the community.
- To encourage professional development: scholarly activities, research, graduate school for advanced degrees, etc.
- To maintain specialized accreditation from the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs.