The Office of the Registrar provides support to current and former students by maintaining timely and accurate records of the academic progress and accomplishments of Philander Smith College's current and former students.
Bertha Owens - Registrar- (501) 370-5220
Shirley James - Administrative Assistant - (501) 370-5303
Vacant - Assistant Registrar - (501) 370-5305
8:30 a.m 5p.m. Monday-Friday
Transcript requests can now be processed electronically by clicking on the button on the home page and following the instructions for payment and transmission.
We are also pleased to accommodate your request for an official transcript from Philander Smith College by doing it the old fashioned way too. Just follow the instructions below:
- Mail, email or fax a letter requesting a copy of your official transcript.*
- Print and complete the form available (Click Here).
- Visit the Office of the Registrar in person to request a transcript (identification is required).
*When faxing or mailing a transcript request, please provide a telephone number where you may be reached in case we must contact you. Also provide any other names that you may have used while attending Philander Smith.
Official transcripts are $5.00 each and can be paid by cash, money order (made payable to Philander Smith), check (made payable to Philander Smith) or credit card.
- If paying by credit card, you will need to contact the cashier in the Business Office at (501) 370-5206 or fax credit card number, expiration date, name and ID number to Transcript Request at Student Accounts at 501-370-5299. Then fax the request form to the Office of the Registrar at (501) 370-5389.
Official transcripts normally take two business days to process. During busy times of the year, the process may take longer.
Please remember that a transcript can only be released with the student’s written authorization. Identification will be required for transcripts picked up in person.
Official transcripts are not issued unless all obligations to the College are cleared.
Other services provided by the Registrar include:
- Course enrollment
- Course scheduling
- Classroom assignments
- Reporting and recording of grades
- Certification of enrollment
- Transcript services
- Record access
- Communication of rights, responsibilities
and procedure for student records