Welcome to the National Alumni Association
Below are several links to click on to get to our NAA Operation's Manual, Officer's Roster, Regional Map, Official Membership Roster, Official At-Large Membership Roster, Life Membership Application, and other interesting connections about who, what and where we are as graduates of this illustrious institution.
A message from Ron Newsome, President of the National Alumni Association:
This is a special note to thank everyone for pulling together and enabling a successful 2013 NAAPSC 57th Convention. Again, a special thanks goes out to our co-chairs: Gemessia Ford, and Roderick Dunn, and – of course, Yvonne Alexander.
I also wish to once again congratulate Ms. Lillie Tyler Paddio as the 2013 Distinguished Alumni.
In reflecting over the Convention activities, the theme “A New Era of Leadership: Stepping Up to the Call” was taken to heart as evidenced by the alumni’s strong sign of support for Dr. Johnny Moore and collectively we achieved some major accomplishments such as the following:
(1) The NAAPSC strategic plan for 2012 to 2014 was presented to the general body to capture the vision of: “Total alumni engagement of time, talent and treasure dedicated to securing the future and mission of PSC.”
(2) We increased our scholarship giving from $75,000 to $150,000 by utilizing matching funds from the Wingate Foundation to establish the following two endowed scholarships with PSC:
a. A $50,000 Versie Winstead Endowed Scholarship
b. A $100,000 Richard King Endowed Scholarship
(3) The NAAPSC committed to budgeting $5,000 per year for 4 years to fund the B.H. Muldrew Scholarship.
(4) The NAAPSC established the Senior of the Year Award which now has in place a selection criteria and process that has been embraced by PSC’s administration and faculty and will start a new tradition for Commencement.
(5) To help capture the next generation of NAAPSC leadership, the NAAPSC approved a Constitutional Amendment that will add three new positions to the NAAPSC Executive Committee: 2 members that have graduated within a 10-year period and the PSC student president of the Pre Alumni Council.
(6) The kick-off of the Each One Reach One Campaign that will focus on each active NAA member to bring into the fold four inactive members with whom they have a personal relationship. As part of the EORO initiative, a survey will be undertaken in conjunction with PSC faculty to identify motivating factors for active NAA members and alumni that have yet to become active NAA members. The EORO campaign will play a critical role in increasing the NAA membership within our base of approximately 4300 graduates.
(7) NAA Welcome Letter was included with the diploma that graduating seniors received.
(8) We engaged students, faculty and administration in various activities throughout the Convention. For example:
a. Recognized the Men’s Championship Basketball Team and the UNCF scholarship recipient during the General Welcome Reception
b. Provided an opportunity for student leaders to make their case for a new Student Life Center/Cafeteria during the ARW/NAA Jazz Champagne Luncheon
c. Faculty and administration played a leadership role in organizing the Senior of the Year Award process.
d. Faculty (…and potentially a student intern) are helping to develop and implement the alumni survey that is underway to support the EORO campaign.
(9) In addition to celebrating the Board of Trustees decision to construct the first phase of the new Student Life Center/Cafeteria for an approximate cost of $4,200,000 during the Annual Celebration Banquet the alumni pledged more than $80,000 toward a goal of $250,000 for the new Student Life Center.
(10)Perhaps most notably, the Class of 1963 was well represented with 19 classmates and 22 of the graduates contributing to the class gift to the College of $13,700 for the new Student Life Center/Cafeteria.
Please share this with your Chapter members so that we can work to build on our momentum for an even better 2014!
P.S. Shortly I will circulate a follow up email addressing administrative matters.
RONALD W. NEWSOME
Stonehenge Capital Company, LLC
191 W. Nationwide Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43215
T: 614-246-2409 F: 614-246-2617