Office of Human Resources
Philander Smith College
900 W. Daisy Bates Drive
Little Rock, AR 72202
(501) 370-5204 phone
(501) 975-8560 fax
Employee Performance Management Program (EPMP)
The mission of Human Resources is to utilize a social justice philosophy, strategic vision, diverse environment and leadership in providing quality, customer-driven human resources services to support Philander Smith College.
- Administration of personnel policies, as well as, benefit, payroll and compensation programs, that are competitive and fair.
- Promote excellence in customer service by being responsive, knowledgeable and sensitive to the needs of Philander Smith's students, faculty, staff, candidates, and the community at large in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner.
- Provide professional development opportunities to support our competent, committed and valued workforce.
- Develop innovative partnerships that support departmental goals and objectives.
- Facilitate and ensure recruitment and retention of a talented workforce.
- Commit to recruiting, hiring and retaining the highest qualified individuals to meet the educational goals of our diverse student population.
- Encourage and support a diverse atmosphere where employees feel valued and reconginized for their efforts, along with the support to create an environment, which fosters the positive attitude and creative spirit of our employees and students.
- Offer a comprehensive benefit program that promotes wellness and supports healthy lifestyle choices.
- Affirm its commitment to ensuring that all employment and employment-related decisions are based on the principles of equal employment opportunity.
- Provide quality service, while maintaining confidentiality, integrity, respecting individuals, promoting teamwork and focusing on innovation and the future.
Director for Human Resources
Phone: (501) 370-5204
Fax: (501) 975-8560