The Office of Academic Affairs supports Philander Smith College's mission by fostering an environment that is intentional, corrective, and forward in student development via a rigorous curriculum; co-curricular and experiential activities; undergraduate research and internships; leadership and cultural studies; student exchange and study abroad; and diversity outreach.
Offered are four degrees, including the Bachelor of Business Administration, the Bachelor of Science, the Bachelor of Social Work, and the Bachelor of Arts, as well as certificates and dual credits for "college" and "career" pathways. Whether students are on pathways for career readiness, graduate or professional studies, or even personal fulfillment, PSC men and PSC women emerge from an engaging and supportive environment as
- academically accomplished PSC men and PSC women;
- ethical critical thinkers and problem solvers;
- civic-minded leaders of tomorrow, especially in Economics, Technology, Health, Sciences, Education, Public Policy, the Humanities, and integrated disciplines such as Social and Criminal Justice;
- agents of social, moral and spiritual responsibility;
- advocates of cultural and global understanding; and
- lifelong learners and active members of local, national, and global communities.
Hazel Arnett Ervin, Ph.D.
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Zollie Stevenson, Jr., Ph.D.
Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs & Special Assistant to the President
Philander Smith College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central
Association of Colleges and Schools to award baccalaureate degrees. The organization can be
reached at www.higherlearningcommission.org
Philander Smith College is also approved by the following:
- Arkansas Department of Education
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
The College's academic programs have obtained accreditation from the following organizations:
- Division of Business and Economics
- Division of Education
- Division of Social Services & Social Work Department